Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rider Play

2 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Dragon Rider Play - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Blade was one of the first ones in line for food. He was practically salivating as he got it, clearly already enjoying the meal from looking at it alone. He also stealthily planted the stolen belt onto someone else, so he did not get caught with it. He liked to keep shiny things, not clothing usually.

Mark waited until the line was about half filled with trainees before getting in line. He didn't want to be overly greedy, but he got an odd sense he had to earn his place here, at least in the first couple of weeks, before he had a right to be here.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:25 pm

The food was fresh. Fresh made, fresh caught, and freshly laid out in an amazing array unlike any other.

Blue followed, ending up somewhere in the middle not far from Mark. The elf had always been entitled. Always. As he looked around, he felt a stirring in his chest. Perhaps he didn't deserve a place here. After all, he'd only been there for a lark. What made him special? He wasn't special at all. It was a dark thought that had been in the back of his mind since his youth, but when everyone told you and treated you like you owned the world, it wasn't hard to shove those thoughts down. He didn't even realize he'd come to a dead stand still, plate in hand, at the beginning of the food.

Pat got shoved to the back and ended up in the very very tail end of the line. She didn't mind, just wished people would stop stepping on her toes. That was annoying.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:28 pm

People moved around Blue until Mark got to him. "Tithenor?" He asked. He hoped the elf had just zoned out and would snap out of it if someone cared to bring him back to the present.

Blade got his food and sat down in a corner table. He liked that kind of spot. Allowed him to watch everyone while staying fairly unseen or unnoticed.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Blue snapped out of it and looked at Mark, realizing he was causing a nuisance. Clearing his throat, he set down his plate. "Excuse me, please, I have no appetite. I am accustomed to the more delicate food of my people." Turning, he walked out, head high.

Pat watched Blue go, concerned, but didn't try to follow. She barely knew the elf. Why would he talk to her?
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Mark frowned. He got his plate-and got food for Blue-before he followed the elf out. Was he crazy? He'd kill himself from starvation at this rate, and from what Mark had gathered, the elf was a decent enough guy.

Meanwhile, Blade just was enjoying his food.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Tithenor walked until he came to the edge of the island. He stood with his back ramrod straight, staring out across the abyss. He could just see the glint of Blade's knife in the tangle of roots on the other side, though you had to know where to look to see it.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Mark walked up to him. "Hey, everything okay?" He asked the elf. "I know elf food probably tastes better, but it's still no excuse to starve yourself."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 pm

"I will not starve. I am fine," Blue said calmly, glancing toward Mark. "Why is it you are not eating?"

Finally having gotten a plate full of scraps left over after the hungry hoard, Pat inched toward Blade's table. His was the only one with any spaces left.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Mark smiled a little. "Well, it's miserable eating alone, and you're one of the only people I know and tolerate here so far. I suppose I was hoping we could eat together."

Blade didn't mind Pat eating at his table. He had Pat's number, and had determined the scrawny looking boy couldn't be too much trouble to him.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:53 pm

"Thank you?" Blue said hesitatingly. Was that a compliment? Or just a statement. He supposed he could eat. He reached out and took a plate, holding it nimbly.

Pat slid into the seat across from Blade and sat eating quickly.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Mark smiled a little and sat with his feet over the edge. "I will admit, I was a little surprised at the dragon that chose you chose an elf, seeing as it's a Hail Dragon, but I suppose they choose more based on character and integrity rather than race."

Blade ignored Pat for the most part. He seemed to greatly enjoy his food.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Blue glanced at him. "A Hail Dragon? I am unfamiliar with that breed."

Pat ate quietly, picking at her food. It was good, even if it was just scraps, but nervousness tended to steal one's appetite. She watched Blade quietly. "Why do you steal?" she asked softly. "I mean here. You have everything you need here."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:43 pm

Mark nodded. "Yup. Eastern Mountain Hail Dragon, to be more specific. They're one of the bigger breeds of dragons, and prefer freezing their prey before eating it. They're strong and loyal as well. I would recommend playing with him while he's a hatchling a lot, to help build up his strength." He looked down a little sheepishly. "Sorry. I tend to ramble some when it comes to dragons."

Blade finished his food, and was a clean plater. He shrugged. "Habit, I guess. Also, it provides amusement. I guess when you've lived the life I have, well, you can take a guy off the streets, but not the streets out of a guy." He picked at his nails with a knife. Pat may be able to sense Blade hasn't exactly had an easy or glamorous life.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:46 pm

"You were a breeder," Blue said looking away. "You are still are at heart. A breeder and trainer. That is a very good thing for a Rider."

Pat watched him shyly. "If- you... I... Those talents could come in handy if you use them right. Maybe. I guess." She looked down, flushing.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:52 pm

Mark laughed softly. "We'll see. The dragons I've bred were to be mindless lap pets to be used for show and displays of wealth and power. I just hope I do all right in helping raise a best friend and a partner."

Blade shrugged. "I suppose that's true for anything." He looked up at her. "How about you, Pat? Whatcha good at?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:59 pm

"Someday those lap pets will bite back. Someday," Blue said calmly, setting down his half empty plate. He crossed his arms behind his back, watching the clouds below. "Perhaps they will even find their chosen there in the lap. Who knows? Perhaps we will not live to see that day as our own dragons will eat us."

Pat stopped herself short of saying, "Being pretty." Instead, she said, "Nothing but talking fancy. I'm useless here."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Mark sighed. "That's a bit of a depressing thought. I hope to not get eaten." He stood and brushed himself. "I'm going to start heading back to the barracks, okay? If you need to talk to anyone, I'd like to be friends, Tithenor."

Blade gave Pat a wide grin. "Talking fancy isn't useless. Knowing what to say at the right time can get you into places. Same with talking smart."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Tithenor raised an eyebrow at him. "A human wishes to be friends with a stuck up ars of an elf? Curious."

"I only know how to say what will make someone happy and keep me out of getting scolded," she sighed.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Mark laughed a little. "Trust me, I've met stuck up elves. You're a hell of a lot more tolerable than them. Try talking to someone who thinks they know more about your specialty just because they're racist against you."

Blade shrugged. "never know when pacifying someone will be what saves your arse." he said nonchalantly. He resumed picking at his nails with his knife. "I suppose if you wanted, I could teach you how to read people better."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:39 pm

"That can easily be turned around, but I understand," Blue said calmly. After a moment, he added, "Thank you for the food."

Pat's head snapped up and she looked at Blade, startled. "Really? That would be truly wonderful!" She couldn't help smiling now, happier than she had been since her dragon chose her.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:45 pm

Mark smiled at Blue before he left. "You're welcome." He returned the silverware to the mess hall before he went back to his bunk and started to settle in a bit more.

Blade flipped his knife, pointing it to another trainee a few tables away. "Okay, tell me what you observe about that guy, and tell me what you can conclude about him based on that."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:52 am

Blue took his dishes back to the mess hall then returned to the edge. How was he going to get to that knife? It was almost an obsession now. How was he to get the knife?

"Um." Pat tried to look as discreetly as possible. "He's not destitute, but he doesn't come from money. Working family. Comfortable but with very little wriggle room money wise."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 am

Blade nodded. "Good. You can also tell that his family may be a little tighter with money right now, as you can see how he is eating his food. He's also left handed, and doesn't seem to have made very many-if any-alliances here yet." He pointed his knife to someone else. "How about that guy?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:48 pm

"Have any of us really made any alliances?" Pat mumbled as she turned to try to see the one Blade was indicating. "Um... I can't really see him all that well."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Blade pointed to a different guy. "Okay. That one." This one Pat could see better.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next