Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 23 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:02 pm

"Stay as long as you need." Echo said kindly. "This is one of several safe houses I have, although...." She rummaged around and tossed him some clothes. "Change into these. I do not want to deal with you getting sick while you're here..." She left the room so Lex could change into the dry men's clothes.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 23 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Lex didn't question why she'd have something like men's clothes.  What girls did to survive on the streets was their business.  He did not look forward to the movement and effort it took to change, but he knew she had a point.  Once he'd changed, he stretched out on the bed and closed his eyes.  Rest.  He just needed to rest a minute.  Then he could think and try to figure things out.

~

Geena was still searching for Layla.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Layla didn't seem to be anywhere. It was several hours after Geena started looking that she heard some guys beating up someone that sounded like a girl.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Geena ran toward the sound, dialling Gaster as she went.  Not knowing if it was him or the answering machine that picked up, she blurted the address and hung up.  "LAYLA!"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Several large guys had her pinned in a corner, and were taking turns beating her and ripping her clothes. Layla cried and whimpered as they punched her, and tried to make herself a smaller target.

Gaster got the address, and thinking she found Lex, teleported about a block away and sprinted the rest of the way to the address, catching up with Geena.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Geena never hesitated.  Furiously, she charged into the group, leaning down as she ran to scoop up a board.  The board shattered over the first guy's head, but Geena kept swinging.  She screamed like a mad woman as she stuck the guys, not even giving them a chance to see what had hit them.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Gaster just gawked as he watched Geena show them no mercy, and made a mental note not to make Geena that mad at him if he could help it. He swallowed and waited until all the guys had either run off or were unconscious before trying to gently get between the women to check on Layla.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Geena spun around and almost clubbed Gaster before stopping just in time.  Roughly, she pushed Gaster back.  It wasn't anything personal.  Gaster was a man, just like the ones who had tried to hurt Layla.  Geena gathered Layla to her and held her close, crooning gently.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Layla was hurt, and just whimpered and tried to shy away from Geena. 
Gaster didn't seem too offended, and honestly nearly used his powers to save his head, but thankfully hadn't needed to. he took a few steps back and decided to let the tension die down a little before checking on them.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:34 pm

"It's okay, sweety.  It's alright, I'm here.  I'm going to protect you.  I promise, nothing is going to touch you.  I'm here," Geena whispered over and over again as she sat holding Layla on her lap and tenderly stroking her hair.  "I won't let anyone touch you."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:44 pm

"I... I just want Lex." Layla whimpered as she cried into Geena's shoulder. Her breath was ragged, and the girl was bleeding in several places, but all Layla could think of was how much she wanted Lex back, and how much she just wanted to be near him, and feel safe in his presence, but he didn't want her, so it seemed, and the thought threatened to break her heart.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Geena winced and kissed the top of Layla's head.  "Sweetheart... Lex disappeared.  Maybe he's trying to find you.  In that case, we need to get you somewhere he will come back to.  Okay?  He'll come to you.  Until he does, I will not leave your side."  She braced herself in case Layla tried to run away.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Layla looked at Geena desperately. "promise?" She whimpered. "Promise he will come back?"

Gaster sighed softly, still staying a short distance away from the two girls, under a small overhang to stay a little more out of the rain.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:52 pm

"I promise," Geena said firmly, looking her in the eye.  Lex would come back or Geena would drag him back by his unmentionables.  "Now Doctor Gaster is going to come over and help you, okay?  You are bleeding."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Layla sniffed and nodded, trusting Geena's word on it. Gaster nodded and came over, his strong and deft hands expertly telling him what his eyes could not. "We should take her back to the lab." he suggested. "I need to sew up some of those cuts, including the one on her head and thigh, and she has some cracked or broken ribs."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:58 pm

"Okay."  Geena gathered Layla up and carried her herself, following Gaster.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Gaster led them the shortest distance and quickest way to the lab. He asked Geena to set layla down in another operating room, and asked her to please help clean Layla up and prepare her for stitches on the deeper cuts while he gathered some things out of the room. Layla just quietly sobbed and whimpered every now and then, but otherwise stayed fairly still and quiet.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Geena never stopped talking, keeping her voice low and soothing as she cleaned Layla up and got her a gown for now.  Once Gaster was finished, she would get her into actual PJs.  She murmured to Layla gently the whole time, reassuring her.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Layla didn't seem to have much fight, and let Geena do pretty well whatever. The girl already had some bruising starting to take color, and her split lip had started to swell some.
Gaster came in several minutes after Layla was prepped, and sewed the deeper cuts shut. He used a topical creme that numbed the area and relieved pain where it was applied so he could work without causing Layla discomfort.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Geena never moved from Layla's side, either holding her hand or standing where she could see her.  When Gaster finished, the older woman said firmly, "Layla, you're coming home with me to spend the night.  Gaster has my number.  When Lex returns, he will call me, okay?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Layla nodded just a little. "Don't have much stuff with me..." she murmured. "Most of it is still at my apartment."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:25 pm

"That's fine.  What's mine is yours," Geena said calmly.  "Can you walk?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Layla edged herself off the bed and stood. She took a few steps and could indeed walk, but she had a limp to it.
Gaster handed Geena a tube. "Antibiotic creme. Please make sure she applies it to her wounds before bed, and on any that start looking red along the edges." He asked. "And thank you, Geena. I'll let you know as soon as I hear any word on Lex."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 am

Geena nodded as she put the cream in the purse.  "Come, sweetheart, we'll take my car.  It's just out front."  She gave Layla her arm, walking at the girl's pace as they made their way up to the lobby and outside to the little blue VW beetle parked out front.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:07 am

Layla was obedient, and followed Geena's lead a little slowly. It hurt her to breathe hard, and to breathe in general, as highlighted by her short, rattling breaths.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next