Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 38 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:58 pm

"Geena..." Ashton said hesitantly. "It's just... something I've always been self conscious about. Even around Lex."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 38 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Geena paused to look at him and asked, "Why?  We all accept it.  It is no different than any other dietary restriction.  I'm allergic to bananas.  I'd die if I ate one."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:04 pm

"Because that's normal!" Ashton protested. "I can't even have flavored water without feeling sick. Literally just raw meat and water." He looked down. "And 'diet' just makes it sound like it's my choice to be like this."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Geena considered a minute.  "Wait here."  She walked away, going to Gaster's study.
Lex moved to sit next to Ashton.  "Well.  Today's really sucking for you, ain't it?  Let's see what's next."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Ashton sighed. "When can today be over?" He asked Lex quietly.

Gaster was in his study, typing on his computer. "Hi Geena." He greeted warmly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:13 pm

"Soon.  You can sleep with me tonight," Lex said.  It wasn't a suggestion.

Geena smiled.  "I'm sorry, dear, but could I please borrow your computer and printer for a moment?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Ashton nodded, not arguing. The last thing he needed right now was to be up all night because of nightmares.

Gaster saved what he was working on and nodded, getting up. "Of course. Let me know when you're done please." he requested. Gaster went to the bedroom to do some reading while Geena was on the computer.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:25 pm

"Thank you," Geena smiled.  She sat down and went to work.  A few minutes later, she printed out some sheets of paper and told Gaster she was finished.  Returning to the kitchen, she sat next to Ashton and placed the papers before him.  On top was a young teen girl with tube in her stomach just visible under the shirt.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Ashton frowned, sifting through the papers. "How the hell is this suppose to help anything, other than make me lose my appetite more?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Geena pointed to the first girl.  "This is Erica.  She was born with a rare defect.  She is allergic to all food and has to eat a formula fed to her through a tube in her stomach."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Ashton, already frustrated and worked up from earlier still, shoved the papers to the floor and headed to the door, grabbing a coat and sprinting. He was done with today. Just.... done.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:37 pm

"Ashton!" Lex grabbed his arm.  "Enough running!  Hear her out."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm

"I'm done!" Ashton snapped. "I know what she's trying to do, and I don't want to hear it! It's not my fault I'm like this, and making me feel guilty isn't going to help! All she'll make me feel is miserable all over again, Lex!"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Lex gave him a hard shake.  "I've had enough!  Come and sit your as down and LISTEN.  Geena's different and you know it.  Don't make me drag your sorry butt over there.  You know I will."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Ashton growled softly, tense, but didn't put up much more of a fight. He would do it... under protest.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Lex firmly steered him back and plopped him in a chair, sitting beside and slightly behind Ashton.  He was here with Ashton.
Geena waited for them to settle.  "Ashton, it is not my intention to make you feel guilty.  Now be still and listen," she said in that Tone mothers get.  She indicated the girl again.  "This is Erica.  She can only eat one thing."  She moved the paper aside.  "This is Jules, and she drinks the same stuff rather than having the tube.  Reportedly, it tastes worse than dirt, which is why Erica had the tube implanted."  She moved the two girls aside.  "This is Jeremy.  He is allergic to all food except potatoes, carrots, and tuna fish.  That is all he eats every day.  He is fifteen."  Another paper.  "This is Lola, and she is fourteen months old.  Just a baby.  All she can eat is her mother's breast milk or else she has diareah so bad it continues to leak even when she sleeps."  Geena stopped and looked into Ashton's eyes.  "None of these are normal.  What you have is not normal, but you are not alone in not being normal.  Normal can go to hell.  All of these kids are beautiful, happy, energetic children who lead 'normal' lives outside of meal time.  You are one of the most special young men I know.  Loyal, creative, kind, and beautiful in your own way.  Ashton, you need to stop comparing yourself to others and looking for happiness in the ways others have found it.  Look inside and find what makes you unique in the good ways.  Once you find that, then you can find happiness with another.  Dependence on another for your happiness is..."  Her gaze dropped.  "Is what had me running for seven years like a hunted deer and ended with me in the hospital."  She looked at him.  "I love you, Ashton, and it breaks my heart to see you this way."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Ashton listened, but didn't look at Geena, nor said anything for a long moment. "Geena... stop pretending you understand. Please." He said before shaking his head. "You have no idea what hell I've gone through. Literally Lex is the only friend I've ever truly had, and the first one I can remember who didn't treat me like crap." He stood and turned to quietly head upstairs.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:07 pm

Geena closed her eyes.  Tears slipped through closed lids.  Lex hesitated then follows Ashton upstairs.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Ashton changed into his night clothes and just laid on his bed. He was completely and utterly done with today. It was the third worst day of his life that he could remember.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Lex sat across the end, leaning on the wall, and fiddled with some small gadget.  He said nothing.  He was just there.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Ashton took a shuddering breath. He just wanted today to be over, or better yet, wake up and have the whole day just be another nightmare. He knew how to deal with nightmares; not reality.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Lex glanced at him.  "I'm going to go get Shuni.  Be right back."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Ashton looked up a little as Lex left. He didn't want his little brother to be bothered or ask questions. So while Lex was gone, Ashton got the bright idea to slip out the window and to the roof.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:28 pm

(ASHTON!!!)

Lex led Shuni up then frowned.  "Brilliant.  Shuni, wait here."  He went to the window and climbed out.  "Really, Ash?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:30 pm

(He isn't the smartest...)

Ashton looked away from Lex. "I... I just want to be left alone..."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next