Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 31 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Ashton sighed a little and fed Night, thinking that was what the kitten wanted. In the meantime, he tried to recall and think of how to deal with Lex.

Gaster started dinner after a while, and made sure to set some raw meat aside for Ashton, in case he was over whatever sickness he had yet.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 31 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:11 pm

Night suckled hungrily at the milk stuff, but he didn't eat as much as usual.  He curled up in a little ball and went to sleep, dead to the world.  Sleeping was good!
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Ashton set the bottle aside for now. Once Gaster was done making dinner, he took Lex's plate with him and went to the roof while Night was asleep. "Hey." He told his friend softly as he offered Lex the food.

Gaster set Sam, Paul, and Shuni up at the table before he got a plate and went to True's room and quietly went in. He didn't know if True was still asleep or not.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Lex didn't look over.  "This is not like back home.  I don't know what this place is.  Nothing makes sense anymore."

True was sound asleep, snoring on his bed as he hugged Treble(?) to him.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Ashton sat beside Lex. "Well, we can try and figure it out together." He offered. He looked over the cityscape. "Look, see that? There's another roof-hopper." They were too far away to see anything but a human figure jumping and running from roof to roof before they slipped down between two buildings.

Gaster smiled at True and the happy cat. He watched them a moment before he gently woke True up to eat.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:31 pm

"Residents get mad when they hear someone galloping across their roof," Lex muttered.  "They think it's some kind of cat burglar and call the cops."

"Hmm, yes I do," True mumbled as he woke.  "Huh?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Ashton shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe they are a cat burglar." He theorized.

Gaster smiled. "Yes, you do... what?" He asked True as he showed his son he had food.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:38 pm

"Long as they don't come here."  Lex leaned his head back and stared upward.  "Could I actually do something like this, Ashton?  I mean for real?"

True blushed as he came around.  "Uh.... nothing, Dad.  Thanks for the, um, food."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:41 pm

"If you mean living a, quote on quote, 'normal' life here, I'd say yeah." Ashton said. "If you mean being a cat burglar, I don't know. I'm not even sure I want to see you in spandex."

Gaster chuckled, guessing it was a Kat dream. "You're welcome. Is there anything you want or need?" He asked.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Lex gave him a look.  "I'm being serious, Ash.  I can see you doing it, but me?  I don't know.  I don't even remember what it's like to have a family.  My father was... You know dam well what my father was, and my mother a steadily dwindling memory.  I don't even know if she's dead or alive."

True turned his plate around.  "Um.  Advice?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Ashton gave Lex a serious and somber look. "At least you can say you had one. I had parents, but they never cared for me. As soon as I was old enough, they devoted all their time to arguing with each other, fighting, and drinking. The best thing I ever did was run away, and even then I nearly died several times the first couple of years because I didn't know how to take care of myself. You are literally the first and closest thing I have to a family. I have no clue how you see me making it here alone, because I can't. You had-and still have-a brother at least that wants to make it right with you. I think you're already doing better here than me."

"Advice on what?" Gaster asked.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Lex studied Ashton soberly.  Surprising himself, he reached out and pulled Ashton to him in a tight hug.  "I'm sorry," he whispered.  "You were... I did it all wrong with True.  I wanted to somehow, I don't know, make it right with you, but I felt like I was failing you at every turn and somehow cheating you because I was using you like True.  I don't know.  I just wanted to do something right."

True glanced toward the door.  "Um, could you close that, please?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Lex's hug surprised Ashton, but Ashton hugged Lex back as tightly. "Dude... You know how even more messed up I'd be without you? I don't think it's perfect, but you're like a brother to me. They way you looked after me and made sure I was safe... If that's not what family should be doing, then I've got it all wrong."

Gaster nodded and closed the door. Now he was very curious. "What's on your mind?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 am

"I shouldn't yell at you like I do, and I never should have hit you," Lex said, easing his hold slightly and hanging his head, but not letting go entirely, keeping a firm grip on Ashton's shoulders.  "It's not an excuse, but I'm just so angry all the time, and my head never stops hurting and I'm just... Ashton, there were days when even though I was yelling and screaming and even hurting you, the only reason I didn't step off a roof and let myself fall was because of you.  You saved my life countless times just by being, Ash.  And I treated you like fu-.  I'm sorry"

True took a deep breath.  "Okay.  I'm just going to go for it."  So saying, his words began to spill out like a fountain.  "I want to marry Kat.  I know it sounds like a rash decision, but I really have thought it over really well.  We are compatible, we work, on more levels than just the romantic lovey-dovey stuff.  I want to, but, no offense, it's not like I can bring her here.  I gotta get this thing with my back worked out and I gotta get my own place and either my music has to take off or I gotta get a steadier job."  He stopped as suddenly as he started and stared anxiously at Gaster.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:13 am

Ashton held onto Lex a little tighter. "Lex... I know it isn't easy all the time. I know you have a short temper, and even through it all, I knew those times you yelled and got angry... you didn't mean it, at least directed to me. That's why I kept trying so damn hard to make you a little happier and tried to give you reasons to smile. And funnily enough, that gave me purpose. I had something to do instead of just surviving. I could try and take care of you too. And after... all that happened, and even when you knew about all the cr-- that was done to me, you still were there, and cared in your own way. If anything, I'm sorry I didn't make you happy all the time like you deserve."

Gaster smiled. "Well to me, it sounds like you have it already figured out. What was it exactly you wanted my help for?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:20 am

Lex leaned into Ashton, resting his forehead against his shoulder.  His face felt wet.  Why?  Then he realized he was crying.  Sobbing, actually, like a broken man.  He clung to Ashton, his one reason for living.  "You have n-no idea how often you succeeded," he managed to whisper.  "No idea.  I'm sorry I thought about leaving you behind.  I wanted best for you."  He gave up talking and just cried.  Years of pent up tears and pain suddenly rushing out.

True waved a hand.  "How?  How do I do all this?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 am

(It's okay, Lex.... I'm crying with you at this point!)
Ashton held Lex tightly and let his friend cry. He pulled him in a little closer and rubbed his back some. No matter what, Ashton wanted to be there and take care of Lex, even now. If Lex needed a shoulder to cry on, Ashton would provide. If Lex needed someone to vent and rage to, Ashton would be there too. "Lex...." Ashton said softly, but that was as far as he got.

"By taking it one step at a time." Gaster assured and instructed. "Talk me through it; in your mind, what needs done first?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:29 am

Lex just nodded, understanding.  He held onto Ashton like a drowning man until he'd cried himself out and leaned against Ashton limply, not having any energy left to move.  In a minute.  In a minute he would go back inside.  Just not yet.

"My back," True said.  "Maybe I can make some music while in recovery and between therapy sessions, but primary focus is my back."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:32 am

Ashton kept holding Lex until Lex was done and ready to move. He would be strong for Lex right now. The rock, of sorts. The ever faithful Golem to the Shadow.

Gaster nodded. "And then after your back and therapy is at least mostly done?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 am

Lex took a deep, shaky breath and let it out slowly.  "You should get back inside before Night starts wailing again."

True hesitated.  "A steady paying job so I can afford a place and to support us both."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:41 am

Ashton nodded. "You should come with." He invited. "It'll be a lot better than freezing out here, at least."

Gaster nodded again. "And then after the job would be the place...." He smiled. "And as far that ring goes, let me know when you propose, and I will chip in so you can make sure to get her a nice ring."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:43 am

"I'll be down in a minute," Lex promised.  "I just need a little air first."

True smiled and reached out to grasp Gaster's hand.  "Thank you.  I'll try to recover fast so I can get out of your hair.  Besides, you're going to need the space."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:48 am

Ashton nodded and slid off of the roof and headed back in. He checked his timer and prepared food for Night. Ashton himself hadn't tried to eat all day. He didn't want to get sick.

Gaster smiled. "Once your arm is a bit better, I will work on your back again, all right? And why would I need the space? I was thinking of renovating the attic space for Lex and Ashton, should they decide they want to stay."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:51 am

Lex closed his eyes and all but melted into the roof.  He felt lighter, fee-er, but still... Physically in pain.  He had the nagging thought he should talk to the doc about his headaches, but not now.  Not yet.

Night was awake and squirming around.  The kitten had somehow gotten free of his blankets when no one was looking and seemed to be swimming weakly across the couch, mewing fearfully.  Where was he?

"Okay to the first, and won't you be needing needing a little more space for your own I-do?" True winked.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:54 am

Ashton picked up the kitten and fed Night. "Don't worry, Night. I'm right here." He told the kitten gently.

Gaster's cheeks reddened. "I feel that may not be for a while. I would love to propose to Geena, but it doesn't feel like the right time quite yet."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next