Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 36 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Ashton shook his head. "Don't really watch TV, other than the cooking channel with my brother."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 36 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 pm

"You watch cooking channels with your brother?" she asked, curious.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Ashton nodded. "Yeah." That was all he said to that. Ashton saw no need to elaborate.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 pm

"So... what does he like to cook?" Maralyn tried to push.  "Or does he just watch and is actually a terrible cook?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Ashton frowned. "He's an amazing cook! And why do you wanna know? It's not like you'll ever meet him, or get to taste his awesome cooking." He said defensively.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:03 pm

Maralyn glared at him and said tightly, "I'm trying to help you, you jerk!  I'm trying to find a topic you'll talk about instead of sitting there like a bump on log!"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Ashton was already a bit worked up, and calling him a jerk didn't help. "Well maybe it's your fault for making me feel like that!" He snapped back, scowling at her. "Maybe if you got off your damn high horse, you could be a halfway acceptable human being!"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 pm

It was right about then that the waitress returned with their orders.  Maralyn stood, took the tray, and dumped the whole lot over Ashton's head.  "I can't believe I ever let that little scumbag talk me into going out with a boring, inexperienced, unfeeling, uncaring sack of crap like YOU!"  She turned and stalked off.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Ashton stared at Maralyn in startled shock as she left, covered in food. Numbly, he hastily paid the bill, muttering an apology to the waitress before he headed straight home, managing to hold back his tears until he was almost there. He went straight upstairs and into his room, crying. Ashton tore the soiled shirt off and threw it onto the wall before he sank onto his bed, sobbing.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 pm

Lex heard the commotion and came out of his room, heading into Ashton's.  He didn't knock, just walked in.  "Ashton, what's wrong?"  He sat on the bed next to Ashton.  Was he.... Oh, Crap!  Ashton was crying!  Lex had never seen Ashton cry.  He frantically tried to look him over for injuries without manhandling him too much.  "Ash, what happened?  Who did it?  What did they do?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 pm

Through his sobs, Ashton told Lex what had happened, from asking Tramp for advice to the practice date to how uneasy he felt the whole time, to finally Maralyn calling him an uncaring and unfeeling sack of crap and throwing food at him. There was no physical injury, but rather an emotional one that was not visible.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Lex wasn't normally sentimental, but... this was Ashton.  He pulled Ashton around and hugged him, nearly pulling him into his lap.  "I'm sorry," he said simply.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Ashton leaned into his best friend and continued to sob. He never really took insults well, but this felt the worst yet. "What's wrong with me?" He whimpered. "I can't even talk to anyone besides you without slipping up or making a damn fool or myself."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Lex patted his back gently.  "I know what you mean," he admitted.  "I think it's just... us.  We're... we're freakin' Fort Knox when it comes to outsiders.  I don't know what to tell you, except that she's a fat w-hor.  Want me to pin her down and shave her head?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Ashton sniffled but said nothing to that. Lex could do whatever he wanted. "I just.... I feel done. All I wanted was to be happy like how Layla makes you happy, or Kat and True, or even Geena and Doctor Dad. I just.... I just feel like I'm the odd man out in this house sometimes."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Lex paused, frowning as he pulled Ashton back enough to look at his face.  "You really feal that way?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Ashton looked down guiltily. "Sometimes, yeah." He said softly but honestly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Lex gripped the back of Ashton's neck and drew him close so their foreheads touched.  "Dude.  That's a load of crap.  You don't need a girl to be happy.  I was happy long before I ever met Layla.  I was happy because you and me were safe and had a place to be.  I was happy because I could change and be better.  I was happy... because I had you.  You're my second, Ash.  I'd rather lose Layla than you, not that I want to lose her, but if I had to chose.  You get my drift?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Ashton closed his eyes and hugged Lex close. "Lex... you my best friend. You're like a brother to me. No joke, I would probably be long dead without you." He said quietly, but it seemed Lex did make him feel a bit better.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 pm

"You saved my life, Ash," Lex said quietly, holding Ashton close.  "I was giving up before I found you.  Then making you live gave me purpose.  I can't ever thank you for that, and I'd sound like an ars if I tried.  You are my brother."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Ashton held Lex a little tighter, silently saying he needed Lex as much, and that he too was his brother.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:36 am

Finally, Lex gently shoved Ashton away.  "And if you tell anyone about this, I will deny it to my last breath!"  He glared at Ashton, the faintest of smiles lurking on his face.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 am

Ashton smiled a little and laughed softly. "I won't say anything. You know that by now." He wiped the remaining dampness from his face. "I... I should take a shower, huh?" He sighed a little. "I just... I don't want everyone else to know how badly I f-ed up just yet..."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 am

"From what I hear, dating takes practice, just like anything else," Lex shrugged, "but what I think is... When you meet the right one, you're still going to f-k it up, but it's going to be different.  They might get upset, but they'll forgive you, maybe just laugh it off."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Ashton sighed. "I hope so. That.... that felt awful, and humiliating."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next